Saturday, August 1, 2009

waking empty, but i'm settled down

Waking up alone is definitely different than waking up lonely. Today I am just alone. I have had a lovely day with myself in the past 3 hours I have been awake. Although I was a little more hungover than anticipated this morning, I went for a refreshing jog (I would not classify what I was doing as running). I watched the end of a TV movie, and made myself a wonderful smoothie, finishing off my blueberries and strawberries, avocado, flaxseed, and coconut water - this kind of smoothie has become one of the things I look most forward to in the morning. (Although I think Dorothy gets a bit annoyed at the blender at 7 a.m... ) I have showered, played a little guitar, tried on three outfits, and ate a tuna sandwich. Now I'm waiting for a friend to get here so we can go get manicures and pedicures.

The funny thing is that I have not spoken one word out loud yet (spell check tells me that "out loud" is actually two words? is it not right to push them together into one? For some reason I was really thinking I could...). I just thought about that - so many thoughts about countless things since I've woken up, but no words spoken to express them. These conversations are existing solely in my head! I'm not counting texts, because I have sent a few of those. Today is August 1 (seriously?! time keeps unfolding at a more rapid pace everyday), and my dad used to tell me to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" as the first thing to say on the first day of the month for good luck. I just said it. My first words of the month - if you don't count talking last night after midnight.

I might make an iced coffee today. I'm also thinking about napping. I'm going to have a dance party tonight. I'm going to wear my big girl heels I think.

Time to go - I will be back with much softer hands and feet.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one! I adore your new use of linking... although I must admit I'm a bit surprised at your lack of commentary concerning the "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" thing. :)

    Have fun with the mani/pedi. Love you!

    ReplyDelete