Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mr. A-Z


I can't believe I haven't written about the Jason Mraz concert yet. Well, yes I can - it's because I am still having a difficult time expressing the way I was feeling that night. I always think it's funny when someone says that "words can't express" something - because that's what words are supposed to do! Although, I do realize that words are extremely limiting and that feelings can sometimes be indescribable. Take love, for example. Love is a form-based word that humans have given to something that is formless. Eckhart Tolle describes the feeling as being "when you are in touch with that dimension within yourself - and being in touch with it is your natural state, not some miraculous achievement - all your actions and relationships will reflect the oneness with all life that you sense deep within. This is love." (I'm reading his book "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Inner Purpose" which is extremely powerful, and has given me much material for some quiet introspection)

I've also been introduced to a new word for a different kind of love - agape.

Anyway, this blog was going to be about the concert, not about love. Or, this blog is now about my love for the concert. We sang, we danced, we stole things - if only it was time away from our "real lives" to live in a dream world full of beautiful music and gratitude for one evening.

Introducing the show with his friend and host, Bushwalla.


Singing with his bandmate, Toca Rivera. Who carries a gnome around with him on tour.

Singing Details in the Fabric - and the crowd sang the part of James Morrison. So technically, I've done a duet with Jason Mraz.
A little blurry, but still wonderfully delectable.
Singing Butterfly, which is is my favorite song on the album. It's a sexy little jam. He sang it last, so I'm pretty sure it's his favorite too.
As you can see - we were pretty close. Just the way I liked it. It was wonderfully magnificent and stupendous. And the pictures captured above don't even do justice to the pictures I took with my very own eyes that night - the ones whose prints will only be displayed in my mind.

I even took a few videos (during the slow songs, since I was too busy enjoying myself and dancing during the more upbeat ditties).







And of course I had to take one for my dad...he loves "I'm Yours"



Anyway, I really have him to thank for me starting a blog (and in turn, gently forcing some friends to start one as well). His words are a source of positivity and inspiration. His curiousity spurs some of my own, and those are the kind of people who are good to have in your life. I realize that he is completely unaware of my existence, and that is fine. When someone is in your thoughts - in your head - that's the closest they can be, isn't it? This can all seem very silly, to allow someone who you don't know affect your life in some way, but the way I see it is that if it's doing my life good, I shouldn't be ashamed as to where it's coming from.

I have likened my interest in Jason Mraz to my mom's interest in Bruce Springsteen. She has seen him probably almost 20 times in concert, and has travelled as far as New Jersey from Illinois to see him on his hometown stage. I told my mom this, to which she responded "Ok, well we will see how you feel about him in 30 years, then we can talk."

2 comments:

  1. those are great feelings... similar to those willie nelson gives me =) and also, tricia loves a new earth, yet another reason you two are destined to be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're cute. i love your positive energy these days!

    ReplyDelete