Sunday, August 30, 2009

Easy like sunday morning?

I woke up this morning to a very sweet text message, closely followed by a hilarious phone call of a story from last night. I did my yoga, read a few pages of my book, and a little cleaning...all of these events helped me have good feelings about today - what a great start.
Then I made my first mistake: I turned on the TV. I watched a bit of "The Soup" on E. I'm not even going to make a link for it, because I don't want anyone to click on it. While I admit the show's pretty big on hilarity, I was soon disappointed in myself that I was looking to the belittlement of others to entertain me. All the show does is make fun of anyone and everyone. I don't need that kind of entertainment in my life.
My second mistake: Opening up my laptop. I usually go the gmail/facebook pages first, which I did. But I also like to check out nytimes.com to keep up with current events. Please do not misinterpret my next statement because I really do think it's important to be aware of what's going on in our world, but sometimes I don't want to know it.. The homepage was filled with bombings, deaths, wildfires, etc...maybe it's not that I don't want to know, it's just that I wish that wasn't our news. Why does exposing myself to this content leave me with feelings of sorrow? I would like to note this "Future of Reading" article, however. It tells about teachers who are allowing their students to choose the books they read in their literature classes. Giving students a voice in what they learn? What a grand, revolutionary idea!

So here's MY news of today: I have decided to create at least one thing every day. Whether it be cooking a new meal, hanging up a picture, snapping a notable photo, learning a new chord on the guitar, or even writing a blog. I am going to do it! Every day should have it's own creation. Yesterday I made my dad a Birthday gift (it's his 49th Birthday today - woot woot! And he has facebook now...you all should friend him and write a birthday message on his wall), wrote a "thinking of you" card to my sister, and hung up more pictures on my wall that I've been meaning to do for a while...


Maybe I just need to retreat back into my own world for a little bit and hope that the happiness inside me affects my immediate world. It won't make the news, but hopefully it will make someone's day :)

1 comment:

  1. "happiness inside me affects my immediate world"

    ABSOLUTELY, this is very true and you should keep creating wonderful things!

    You made my morning by the way, thank you for listening! ;)

    ReplyDelete