Sunday, July 19, 2009

feelin' so fresh

The title is deceiving if taken literally, because I haven't showered yet today, but it's not my intention to deceive. I mean it as in a new beginning. I'm feeling fresh!

My dad just left after spending a marvelous weekend with his favorite daughter. I always cry when I have to say goodbye my parents, and this morning it didn't help when he choked up a little as well. It's pretty cool to watch the transition in relationship between us - from father/daughter to friends. We're comfortable being much more open and honest with each other, and that's the kind of relationship I want to have with my parents. I hope that one day I can show my children the same respect.

The reason I'm feeling fresh though, is because he bought me a guitar to start appreciating. It's a Johnson one. I don't even know how to play it yet, and I already appreciate the heck out of it! I start lessons on Tuesday, so stay tuned on the progress (get it?!). Pops has been playing since '78, when he started college. My brother has been playing for several years, and now my little sister has started lessons as well. Don't worry, I'll remember the little people when we're all rock stars touring the country as a family band.

Another reason is because I've decided to start a blog - hello! I write in a journal when the mood strikes, but I've always felt a little awkward doing so, because I tend to write as if someone else is going to read it. I haven't gone back and read any of my entries, and to my knowledge no one else has either (unless I have people snooping around my socks and underwear drawer). So I've decided to try this on for size, even though I don't intend for it to be read - it's out here for the world, just in case someone stumbles upon my humble writings. And I'm thoroughly excited that I can post pictures on here as well. I intend to put pictures up in every entry, however unrelated to the subject matter they may be. Today's, however, are very appropriate, as I feel they capture the essence of this memorable weekend.




I'm also making lifestyle changes. There will be other posts surrounding the goings on of my new found vegetarian/simplified/green/aware/patient/glass half full kind of life.

So this has been my first post as a blogger. I could obviously never do twitter, because this is way over 140 characters. It's too restricting for me. I have trouble making my text messages less than that, let alone an entire purging of my thoughts - which is exactly what I expect to do with this. In joy.

2 comments:

  1. "stay tuned on the progress" lol love it. Nice post. I hope you enjoy your new life as a blogger. You may even decide to blog for a living.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the "feeling like someone else will read your journal entries" thing. Which, I guess, is kinda why I started the blog I did! Thanks for the push, dear... this will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete