Friday, November 12, 2010

11:11 on 11/11

So last year I remember I posted a blog about how my friend and I had a virtual dance party on 11/11 at 11:11.  It was wonderful.  This year, I thought I missed my chance to experience it.  BUT!  although I missed it this morning - after I realized it after noon time, I crawled into my bed after going to a concert, and opened up my laptop to check email and Google reader, and one of my subscriptions reminds me it's 11/11. "Oooooh shit," I think to myself, "I missed it!!!"  I look at the clock on the top right of my computer, and what time is it?  11:11 p.m.  I made no wish, instead I immediately text my dance partner that I was thinking about her.  Do I believe in wishes?  I don't think so, I think I believe in myself.

Today was a good day.  And I'm grateful for:

  1. Finally getting some of the work I'm doing right by myself!
  2. Friends stopping by work just to say hi and have a little chat
  3. Office IM
  4. My brown boots
  5. Leggings
  6. Small venue concerts (we saw Tyler Hilton tonight...although I didn't really know him, I enjoyed it)
  7. Red wine
  8. Google Reader
  9. Cute Cajon drummers
  10. The Veterans who have served our country.  We will only stay America the Free if we actually live in the Land of the Brave.  
Love!!  And sweet dreams.  It's up to us to make our wishes come true.

1 comment: