Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yo! Ga

I needed it today. It helped me unclench my jaw that I've been holding so tightly together, and feel the relaxation throughout my cheeks and my temples. Also, the instructor reminded me to melt my shoulders down my back, which allowed me to pull them away from my ears, where they've been living the past few weeks. I've been wound pretty tightly, which has not been conducive to the laid back lifestyle I much rather have going on.

Normally when I do yoga, I feel like my world is about 70" by 20" big. Today, when I was lying in shavasana, I imagined that the air from my breath was pushing out into the universe, and it was growing and expanding with my tummy.

On my way home, I turned off my music that I had blasting, and enjoyed the sound of driving. I listened to the hums, purrs, and hisses of the other cars, along with the different sounds my car was making. I didn't even miss the music.

Have a namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment