Tuesday, December 1, 2009

all is full of love.

It's funny how I'm sitting in bed and thinking about what a great day I had. I appreciate how my mind can downplay the sucky things, because they happened in between the wonderful things.

Tuesdays are still my favorite days during the work week, but for different reasons than a few months ago. These are the morning when I force myself out of bed at about 5 a.m. (which is supremely early for me), and go to the gym. I've begun training to train for the marathon as I've mentioned, so I run for a bit. Then I get to go to yoga for an hour. It's wonderful. They dim the lights of the room, and my life is right there for me on the mat. I have no idea how early/late it is. I'm genuinely peaceful. I loooooooooooove it.

Work was stressful today, so we're not going to talk about it. But I did eat one and a half of our vegan cookies from Pattycake Vegan Bakery, which put my sugar infused brain at ease for a while.

I decided when work was over I was going to treat myself to some shrimp and a glass of wine, so I ventured to Whole Foods and picked up a Temperanillo, and a 2lb. bag of shrimp. That was all they had...I'll be eating shrimp on everything from sandwiches to cereal for the next few weeks. AND it was buy-one, get-one free kind of deal, but I opted out of that, as it would have been a big waste of food - better to save it for someone who will get some good use out of it. Feed their family and such.

Anyway, Tuesdays are also the days when my roommate has night class. While I enjoy her company, alone time is also very great when I usually only get it once a week. I played guitar tonight. I will officially go out on a limg and say that I'm comfortable playing "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, and "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" by John Mayer...mostly with the actual song playing on my iTunes as well. I'm making progress! And no matter how much the tips of my left fingers hurt, I am thoroughly enjoying learning this new instrument.

The beginning and the end to the first day of the month is what made it great. It's almost like this evening was today's way of redeeming itself. Oh, and when I accidentally woke up at 3:45 a.m., I said Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit. I'm proud that I remembered.

I also just remembered how much I enjoy Bjork. Actually, that's a lie. I don't even own any of her music. But every time I hear one of her songs, it makes me remember that I like it. I don't even remember how I came across her youtube video today...but it just helped make this evening / today more joyous.

Tomorrow will be great too. Grrrrreat!


No comments:

Post a Comment