Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm not an addict.

I've been watching a whole hell of a lot of Glee in the past few weeks. In fact, before I went home for Christmas, I had only seen one episode. On an airplane. In and out of consciousness. But when my sister got the entire first season on DVDs, I saw this as my big opportunity to join the gazillions of "gleeks!!!"  I watched several episodes consecutively, until it was time for me to come back to CA...in which I took about a two week hiatus, UNTIL

I found a great website that allowed me to catch up on all the episodes I had missed!  Needless to say, I've now seen every episode, and am impatiently waiting for the season to begin again.  Now that I've cut my cable cord (HA!), I'll have to go to a friend's place to watch. I think it'll make the Glee experience more enjoyable - like that party they had on The Office. Except, it will be fun.

I don't tend to watch much TV on an actual television, but I've done this with several TV shows through either DVDs or online - after never having watched an episode, become completely immersed in it until I've seen every episode. Gossip Girl, Californication, now Glee...what does that say about me?! My friend Katie B once told me that I have an addictive personality. She clarified that she meant that in both senses of the word - as becoming addicted to something easily, but also that my personality can be addicting to others. I'll take the good with the (potentially) bad. Anyway, I've started knitting while watching. So that means I'm actually being productive right?!

However, if you don't feel like sitting down in front of the tube, I highly recommend checking out "Stranger in a Strange Land." I think I may also be addicted to this book. There have been times when I run into my room when I have a minute or two just to read a page so I can have a little more of the story. So good! So good! So good!

Another harmless addiction I'm quickly developing is to my new (FREE) blu ray player. I told my friend today this has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. Seriously - this amazing little box connects to my Netflix "Watch Instantly" queue, and to my Pandora stations (that I'm currently listening to of course), and to the Blockbuster On Demand. I haven't used that yet, but how could it NOT be amazing? Especially when I have $50 free to use.  SO many movies. Since I got the blu ray last Tuesday, I've already watched:
  • Citizen Kane
  • The Proposal
  • Meet Me In St. Louis
  • King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
  • Dear John
  • St. Elmo's Fire
  • TBD movie that I'll probably watch tonight
So, I suppose those are my latest addictions. The whole time I've been writing this, that K's Choice song has been in my head...but I swear I'm really not an addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment