Thursday, January 13, 2011

AHEM.

Today I woke up with a horrible feeling in my throat that has throughout the day spread into my chest.  There's a certain weakness I feel in all of my extremities, and it hurts to think.  This can only mean one thing: I'm totally sick.  My initial thought was, "I deserve this."  I've been having so much fun with life lately...

Awards shows:

Yachts and brunching:


Talk show with free prizes:

 It almost seemed like life was so great that I needed something to go wrong in order to bring me back down to remind myself that I'm not living in a dream world.  Cue today.  After a fun night tasting beer and food with some great people, I woke up to find myself in a trance like state.  After thinking that I knew something like this would be coming to me, I figured out why: it's because I haven't been making my Vitamineral Green breakfast smoothies for myself since I've been back from visiting my family!  Now this stuff, it's like a Green Jesus.  It brings you back to life, and I crave it every morning.

Smoothie recipe:
  • Handful of crushed ice
  • A bunch of frozen wild blueberries
  • One almost ripe banana
  • Spoonful of Vitamineral Green
  • Spoonful of hemp protein powder
  • Spoonful of natural creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 - 1 cup of almond milk
Blend until smoooooth.  It looks like a dark blue-ish green sludgefest, and my mouth is usually a similar color when I'm done drinking it, but I don't mind.

Anyway, I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I went to the grocery store at 7 a.m. in my pj's (but I put pants on) to get them.  I worked for a little, but like I said - thinking is hard right now, so I've been mostly taking it easy.  Searching to all ends of the internet:

Plus much time spent wasted on facebook, netflix, and gchatting.  Not to mention the three movies I've watched:

I don't think this requires any justification.  I want to live my life wrapped around Ryan Reynolds.


This was recommended to me by a friend whose taste I tend to agree with.  The first questions he asked me were, 1) Do you hate villians?, 2) Do you go for the underdog, and 3) What are your thoughts on Donkey Kong?  Since I answered Yes, Yes, and AWESOME, respectively, we knew I would like it.  Three things I liked about this movie:
  1. The song, "You're the Best Around" plays several times - and I love this song!!
  2. I almost cried when the underdog cried while talking about his craft (being of course, Donkey Kong playing skillz)
  3.  I wish I was passionate about anything in my life as much as these people are about their video gaming
                                              
This movie was on TMC when I woke up from my glorious two hour nap.  I'm watching it right now, it puts the life and decisions of one of the most controversial president in a different perspective, and almost makes me feel bad for the guy.  If that was the goal, then I just fell waay into that trap.  But WOW - Josh Brolin does a great impression.

Maybe I needed this day. To recover.  Maybe it was my bed's way of asking me to spend more time with it.  Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment