Tuesday, December 21, 2010

OMG

Ever since I started living alone, I've had a pseudo-roommate in one form or another.  First, my broseph was living on my couch for about...six months.  But he moved out a few weeks ago.  And although I have my physical apartment to myself, I have a next door neighbor who has become like a roomie.  I mean, when you think about it, there's only one wall separating us - which is true for real roommates too!  We share keys, and go into each other's spaces when the other isn't home without batting an eyelash.  This is how close we've gotten in such a short time.  It's been amazing!  Not only can I have my own space, but I have someone there when I need to have a wine night and cry while watching the Holiday.  Or when I need a necklace, banana, or boob shirt to wear when I go see the guy who crushed me. 

She's essentially held the roommate place in my life.  Helping keep the transition to living with someone to living by myself much smoother.  BUT she's leaving me.  To move to a place where I'm glad to have a place to crash, but I still can't help that it's going to be SO SAD. 

And now that my like-roommate is going away for-ev-er, I just wanted to give a shoutout to Jenni, because she's really helped me acclimate to life here.  And to say that I honestly believe THIS is going to happen to me when she moves.  (Please read that last link now).

I kid you not, when I was home alone for three days when my roommate in VA was stuck at her sister's during snowpocalypse 2010, I was sliding around the apt wearing only my socks and underpants and seeing how long I could hold a handstand after drinking an entire bottle of wine.  Is sticking garlic up my hoo ha so far away?!  If it's a homeopathic trick, then maybe not.  Oh boy.  I'm not to be trusted when left alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment