Monday, January 11, 2010

20-10 promises

I normally don't like to build up the beginning of the year with some outrageous resolutions. Instead, I'm making promises for this year. I'm going to start with 10...appropriate for the 10th year in this century. I might choose to be ambitious and create some stretch goals for myself. I know I can keep my promises to the 365 days of the new decade!

1. Run a marathon
2. Visit a state I've never traveled to
3. Start taking military showers to save water
4. Try a new restaurant at least once a month
5. Go skydiving over the Grand Canyon
6. Buy more locally grown/organic food
7. Keep a plant alive for a year
8. Read 12 books
9. Purchase a dining room table and make it my own
10. Go to a show at the theater (musical/opera/broadway)

The thought of promising these activities to myself this year really excites me. I don't want to make too many promises, because I want to keep realistic expectations with regards to work/life responsibilities, including financial obligations.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THE 10 PROMISES... IN THE BEST FORM OF FLATTERY AND ADMIRATION, I SHALL DO SOMETHING SIMILAR.

    By the way, i would love for you to possibly post one of the activities from your new book maybe once a week so that I can try some new things out with ya! ;)

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete