Saturday, September 12, 2009

Say cheese!


This is what my Saturday night consisted of. I started volunteering for Aspen Dale Winery today, and got three free bottles of wine for doing so. Yes, I drank rose tonight. It is delicious. I paired it with a Gruyere and some Cabot sharp cheddar. You should really learn about/buy from this farmer's coop, it's really worthwhile to pay just the little extra to help the farmers who are busting their asses to stay in business - and they sell all over the world! Their horseradish cheddar is magnificent, and the habanero cheddar is magically delicious if you like it spicy.

Oh, I also ate the entire baguette...and drank almost the whole bottle of wine. It was gluttonously delicious. Although, I really do think that I'm getting to be a bit lactose intolerant, and my tummy has already started to retaliate. Good thing I didn't think about getting that ice cream I was pining for earlier as well.

I rented "Gigantic" with Zooey Deschanel. I'm not 100% positive I understood everything completely, so if anyone else has watched it, I would love to be enlightened as to what the premise might have actually been.

I'm going to bed now feeling slightly bloated and defeated - yet again, my cravings overpower what my body is telling me it wants. But I can't lie, it felt oh so good.

Buenas noches.

2 comments:

  1. wow! I am so impressed by your pairing knowledge already! Sounds like an excellent Saturday night to me! I'll have to watch "Gigantic" and write my critique.

    so much cheese, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that reminds me of our bread and cheese and "flipsides" (and rotisserie chicken) dinner our first night in dc! also, lactose intolerance pills are a miracle =)

    ReplyDelete